I am already looking forward to next year’s Marvelous Moms Breakfast!
I immediately bought my ticket from Computicket when I saw this event advertised in the mall one day while out doing my shopping. I have to admit, I got it purely on impulse and my inherent curiosity, with no idea what to expect other than the already obvious fact that I was going to enjoy breakfast with a few other marvelous moms. This, for me, was enough. As you know by now, I jump at any opportunity that involves me getting to meet other fabulous moms and boy was I happy I jumped at this one.
The event was well planned and beautifully organized. I was particularly impressed with the attention to detail in the french country decor.
On my arrival, I was immediately escorted to my table and goodie bag with a host of products from stores all over the mall. I already felt spoiled and was diligently offered a cup of coffee before the Mothers day celebrations began. The energy all around me was tangible and infectious.
The MC and Radio Helderberg presenter, Ricardo, was quite a treat with his wit and charisma and immediately put everyone at ease. Throughout the event, he never tired from interacting with the crowd and making the mommas feel as special as they truly are. This impressed me and spoke volumes of the amount of thought the organisers put into this day.
Besides the great spokesperson, we also had Sorbet, Inglot and Curves at our service for any beauty and wellness questions and free makeovers. Although the advice was appreciated, I rather enjoyed the freebies and vouchers more. I mean, who doesn’t love a freebie!?
But, the highlight of the morning was no doubt, the hour long pep talk we received from renowned fashion stylists and best friends, Marilize De Clercq and Andrea Timmis.
Marilize, I was happy to learn, is an image consultant and personal shopper for fabiani, she’s featured on Top Billing, Pasella and Expresso and together with Andrea, been appointed as Canal Walk’s stylist for their Season Fashion Trend Catalogue.
That’s not all – Marilize is also design director for Captive8 – a plus size female clothing brand which has made its mark in the South African fashion industry. You can read more about this phenomenal mom on The Vivid Luxury Blog.
She also provides personal shopping & styling to her clients. Call 082 223 6007 or Email email@example.com and visit her styling realm at http://www.marilizedeclercq.co.za
After discussing the latest trends and learning about how to embrace and flatter the body parts we are most unhappy with, my mind was full and satisfied. And so was my tummy, after devouring the most delish bacon and eggs wrap from Torrador and then also devouring the carrot cake in record time.
2 hours of pure bliss and our breakfast finally came to an end. It is hard to believe I paid only R150 for such an absolutely amazing time. I guess money really can’t buy happiness and great company.
I want to thank Cape Gate and Torrador, along with all the other sponsors mentioned above, for the truly Marvelous Mothers Day treat.
Here’s a few styling tips I learned from the ladies:
- Nudes are the new black
- It hasn’t been called ‘peach’ since after the 90’s. It’s now nude, tan or rose gold.
- You MUST invest in a nude shoe and bag
- Diagonal lines are flattering for the figure
- The three top looks for this season: Boho (Prints), Sport lux (Sneakers) and 70’s (Colour)
- If you’re going for any of these looks, keep it minimal and classic.
- Embrace your big booty. Instead of hiding it, show it off by wearing the right colours.
- Make sure you wear the right color clothes for you. This can make you look at least 5 years younger.
- Tussles are in. The older you are the less tussles.
- Get at least 4 pants, 4 tops and shirts and 4 blazers and jackets. Then make sure they all go together.
- throw out things you do not wear. When in doubt, throw them out.
- Double breasted coats and polo necks are not flattering for big busts.
- You need at least one pair of ripped or distressed jeans in your wardrobe.
- Make sure to wear the right underwear. Size and style.
- To look taller, make sure your pants and shoes are the same colour.
Happy Mother’s day Fab moms!