Here at Fabmom, we believe that although Valentine’s day is a cute idea thought up by ‘someone‘ to show our love for one another, we should make our love visible every day. This might sound cliche, but in the end, it’s the little things that make for the most wonderful of relationships. From sharing in your partner’s favourite things like watching a football game together or simply hanging out playing PlayStation with hubby and the kids, to getting out of your comfort zone and going skydiving.
In fact, psychologists research have shown for a long time experiences bring people more happiness than do possessions.
We live in such a beautiful City! There really is no reason for anyone not to be romantic. If you cannot think of a single romantic thing to do with your love, then you’re just lazy. There, I said it.
Now, I never get tired of a fancy dinner at a nice restaurant, but if you are, then here are a few ideas I thought you might like, to show your love and affection in a small, unique and perhaps more adventurous way:
1. Go bike riding together. On the promenade with Upcycles or around the coast with the amazing e-bikes from Venture South
2. Plan a romantic picnic. You can either pack your own picnic basket or you can dial a picnic and choose from a selection of romantic locations around South Africa
3. Go for a long drive and watch the sunset together. Daddy’s Deals are currently offering a 2hour Harley drive around the coast for 449 only! Hurry before this amazing offer ends.
4. Watch the sunrise together. Book a hotel room for a night
5. After a nice dinner, go out dancing at one of the many lovely dance clubs around Cape Town.
6. Give each other massages with sensual oils from the beautiful and risque Bedroom adult boutique in Buitengraght
7. Take a train ride through the Winelands with the Franschhoek Wine Tram hop-on-hop-off train
8. Have a candlelight bubble bath together with champers. Now here’s a treat we often take for granted. Especially us moms. I get that there’s hardly ever any time to run a bath for yourself, much less lie in it…with hubby. Do yourself and your relationship a favour and make some time. If you need help with creating the perfect mood, I even went and found you a lovely little guide.
9. Instead of him sending you flowers, send flowers to your man…while he’s at work. You will find the best service delivery from Bunches For Africa and Net Florist.
10. Take a cooking class with the lovely lady from The Little Pink Chef in Durbanville
11. Have a sexy photo shoot done (together!) by a professional photographer
12. Do an extreme sport together. Go abseiling down table mountain, tandem skydive 9000 feet above sea level, shark cage diving with the great whites or simply go to a theme park and go on ALL the rides together. Even the ones that scare you to death. The Italian philosopher Niccolò di Bernardo dei Machiavelli said that nothing great was ever achieved without danger. Maybe that’s true for love too!
13. Take a horse-drawn carriage ride with The Cape Town Carriage Company while sipping on bubbly with the love of your life.
14. Go Stargazing at any one of these SA’s top spots
from your Valentine.